Two simple yet effective conflict management tools.
You will find out how a disagreement can degenerate into an unproductive conflict and learn how to avoid this kind of vicious circle.
You will identify the 4 different approaches to managing conflict and apply the one that works best depending on who you are dealing with.
The training is led by a trainer-actor. You will become more aware of how you react to conflict, thanks to realistic role plays, and develop more a supportive attitude.
Responding to your needs
Before we do anything else, we start by listening to you. We want to understand what you find challenging and what holds you back so that we can offer the solution that actually meets your needs.
We make sure that each participant gains practical skills that they can use in real-life situations.
Our ambition is to be a partner that is easy to work with, and that offers excellent value for money.
That is what we have been doing for over 20 years.
The goals of our conflict management training
Our training will teach you how to:
- React constructively to prevent or manage conflict.
- Adopt the most effective strategy for managing conflict depending on who you are dealing with.
What you will learn
- The difference between task conflicts and relationship conflicts: how this affects the way you manage the conflict.
- Identify different attitudes for dealing with conflict.
- Be aware of different styles of managing conflict.
Understand yourself to improve the way you manage conflict:
- Self-assessment: your preferred attitude.
- Identify your style of managing conflict.
- Understand why disagreements descend into conflict.
- Learn how to manage differences of opinion and differences in terms of style.
- Turn your emotions and your Ego into allies.
- Identify conflict warning signs.
- Use mine-sweeping techniques to rout out conflict.
Manage conflict effectively:
- Conduct a meeting to defuse conflict following the 3 steps for conflict resolution.
- Manage conflict with any personality type using the 4-step© model.
Train yourself to prevent and defuse conflict:
- Practical exercises with a trainer-actor for a concrete, realistic learning journey based on situations you have experienced.
Manage the post-crisis situation.
Create your action plan.
The 4-question© model is a tool that we have developed based on the conflict management preferences of different personality types®.
The benefits for your organisation
- You will feel much more comfortable dealing with conflict.
- You will react more pro-actively.
- You will avoid the temptation to run away or over-react.
Anyone; no prerequisites.
Intra-company training groups
Languages: French, Dutch, English.
Recommended duration: 1 day of training followed by 1 optional consolidation day.
Dates: to be decided by mutual agreement.
Locations: France, Belgium, Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, Canada.
Budget: please ask.
One of our senior trainers.
Françoise Platiau, partner and founder of Métamorphoses, coach and trainer.