Have more confidence and be more successful when dealing with aggression.
The way you communicate will prevent aggressive reactions.
You will detect verbal aggression and react appropriately.
You will adopt a constructive attitude that will make it easier to manage aggressive behaviour.
The training is led by a trainer-actor. You will learn how to react to aggressive individuals more effectively, thanks to realistic role-play situations.
Responding to your needs
Before we do anything else, we start by listening to you. We want to understand what you find challenging and what holds you back so that we can offer the solution that actually meets your needs.
We make sure that each participant gains practical skills that they can use in real-life situations.
Our ambition is to be a partner that is easy to work with, and that offers excellent value for money.
That is what we have been doing for over 20 years.
The goals of our training on managing verbal aggression
Our training will teach you how to:
- Adopt an attitude that diffuses the aggression expressed by the person you are dealing with.
- Prevent and manage aggressive reactions.
- Feel more confident and protect yourself.
What you will learn
Understand so you can avoid the traps:
- Understand why people get aggressive.
- Identify the factors that aggravate aggressive behaviour.
- Distinguish between the 2 types of aggression and the best responses to them both.
- Understand what an emotion is and how to manage it.
- Identify the warning signs.
- Be empathetic in order to anticipate what might trigger the person you are dealing with.
- Learn how to listen constructively and without judgement to defuse anger.
Manage aggressive reactions:
- Identify the kind of aggression.
- Use “mine-sweeping” techniques that suit the particular kind of aggression.
- Adopt the right attitude and control your reactions.
- Think carefully about the image of your self that you convey and your non-verbal language.
Manage your discomfort in the presence of aggression:
- Be aware of your emotional state in the moment.
- Identify your aggravating factors (values, beliefs, “fears”).
- Get in touch with your emotions so that they don’t “escape” you.
- Control your reactions when under intense stress.
- Use techniques to help you decompress quickly.
- Practical exercises based on situations you have experienced with a professional trainer-actor.
- Avoid the traps.
- Be aware of your attitudes and reactions.
- Try out new strategies in a safe space.
Create your action plan.
The benefits for your organisation
- You will feel much more comfortable dealing with aggressive individuals.
- Your reactions will be more effective, you will be able to prevent and manage difficult situations more successfully.
- The working atmosphere will be much more relaxed and productive.
- Your organisation will be better able to help users and customers.
Anyone; no prerequisites.
Intra-company training groups
Languages: French, Dutch, English.
Recommended duration: 1 day of training followed by 1 optional consolidation day.
Dates: to be decided by mutual agreement.
Locations: France, Belgium, Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, Canada.
Budget: please ask.
One of our senior trainers.
Educational coordination: Françoise Platiau, partner and founder of Métamorphoses, coach and trainer.