Don’t just hear
Make sure you listen
You will improve your listening skills with our approach: “DISPO©”.
You will overcome the obstacles to your receptiveness.
You will develop a proactive approach to listening.
You will use the tools you need to make sure you understand the people you interact with.
Responding to your needs
Before we do anything else, we start by listening to you. We want to understand what you find challenging and what holds you back so that we can offer the solution that actually meets your needs.
We make sure that each participant gains practical skills that they can use in real-life situations.
Our ambition is to be a partner that is easy to work with, and that offers excellent value for money.
That is what we have been doing for over 20 years.
The goals of our listening training
Our training will teach you how to:
- Make sure you are receptive to the people you interact with, both physically and mentally.
- Listen, hear, understand their messages, their needs and their feelings.
- Develop more constructive, more sustainable relationships and partnerships.
What you will learn
Carry out a self-assessment.
Arm yourself with a benchmark to develop an active approach to listening: “DISPO©”.
- Make sure you are available, be physically and mentally present.
- Never interrupt.
- Make sure the circumstances are conducive to active listening: environment, time, stress levels etc.
- Ask open, neutral, powerful questions.
- Rephrase, make sure that you have fully understood.
- Think about the non-verbal and peri-verbal language used by the person you are talking to.
- Demonstrate that you are available to avoid sending signals that suggest you are not listening.
- Think about the way your own personality type, and that of the person you are talking to, affect your listening styles.
- Stay neutral.
- Be prepared to listen, even when you don’t really want to hear what someone is saying.
- Have the right amount of empathy.
- Be aware of your prejudices, your filters (generalisation, distortion, selective memory etc.).
- Avoid the obstacles that prevent you from listening: judgement, Porter’s attitudes, poor emotional management.
- Be clear about your communication goals to avoid misunderstandings.
- Read between the lines to work out what you are really being asked.
- Switch from active listening to proactive listening by observing the person you are talking to.
- Looking for solutions to your issues.
- Case studies and exercises to put what you have learned into practice.
Your action plan.
The benefits for your organisation
- Your dialogues will be deeper, and you will establish better relationships.
- You will avoid things being left unsaid and understand other peoples’ points of view better.
- The decisions you make will be based on better information.
Anyone; no prerequisites.
Intra-company training groups
Languages: French, Dutch, English.
Recommended duration: 1 day of training followed by 1 optional consolidation day.
Dates: to be decided by mutual agreement.
Locations: France, Belgium, Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, Canada.
Budget: please ask.
One of our senior trainers.
Françoise Platiau, partner and founder of Métamorphoses, coach and trainer.